Solo Performance and Storytelling Class
I'm so excited to announce that I'll be teaching Solo Performance and Storytelling again, as an artist in residence at the Islamic Cultural Center in Oakland! I do not know when I'll be teaching this class again, so I hope I'm able to catch you this time around!
Creating a One-Person Show for Storytelling & Solo Performance: An 8-week workshop with Zahra Noorbakhsh.
Space is limited to 8 participants. Apply right here. Dates are below:
- January 29
- February 5
- February 12
- February 26
- March 5
- March 12
- March 26
- April 2 - Class Show at 7pm (Call at 5pm)
Learn the creative and logistical process of developing a one-person show.
- Craft a 10-15 min. scene or storytelling piece.
- Gain skills as an actor and storyteller, such as choreographing your piece, developing stage presence, and understanding the role of physicality in memorization.
- Learn how to create memorable characters and captivating scenes, whether you tell them or act them out.
- Perform a 10-15min piece as part of a class showcase at the end of the course!
- Performers of all levels are welcome! See application for further details.