I'm so excited to announce that I'll be teaching Solo Performance and Storytelling again, as an artist in residence at the Islamic Cultural Center in Oakland!
Creating a One-Person Show for Storytelling & Solo Performance: An evening workshop with Zahra Noorbakhsh.
Space is limited to 70 participants. Get your tickets at soloperformance.brownpapertickets.com.
Learn the creative and logistical process of developing a one-person show.
- Craft a 10-15 min. scene or storytelling piece.
- Gain skills as an actor and storyteller, such as choreographing your piece, developing stage presence, and understanding the role of physicality in memorization.
- Learn how to create memorable characters and captivating scenes, whether you tell them or act them out.
- Perform a 10-15min piece as part of a class showcase at the end of the course!
- Performers of all levels are welcome! See application for further details.